They may already be texting you but you won't be able to receive them without a business texting service. To let your customers know that they can text you, add “call or text us at (xxx) xxx-xxxx” on your website, social media, physical advertisements, or wherever your number is displayed. You can also let your current customers know with a message through email, text, or social media: “You can now also text us at our business number (xxx) xxx-xxxx. We’d love to hear from you.”
Several ways you can let your customers know they can text your business
- Add a sign or banner to your website: Include a message on your website homepage or contact page that says something like "Text us at [your number] for support or inquiries."
- Include a message in your email signature: Add a message to your email signature inviting customers to text your business.
- Post on social media: Make a post on your business's social media accounts letting followers know they can now reach you via text.
- Add the information to your business cards: Include your business's text messaging number on your business cards, along with other contact information.
- Send an email blast: If you have an email list, send a message to your subscribers letting them know they can now text your business for support or inquiries.
Remember to keep the message clear and concise, and include any relevant information such as hours of operation and response time expectations.